Re: [equinox-dev] Why xml for the manifest file ?

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Sankar P<sankar.curiosity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay. I got the reasons now.
>
> I believe some more advantages could be like, to automatically convert
> a xml file into an object (with the help of some serializer function)
> and use it directly, etc.
>
> Where can I get the schema files for the manifest files that one can
> write for eclipse ? google results are favoring pages that talk about
> auto-generating the manifest file by using an eclipse extension.

I assume you mean schema files for the extensions in the plugin.xml
(the manifest does something else).  Each plugin that contributes
extension points provides the exsd files for them.  For example,
org.eclipse.ui/schema/handlers.exsd for the org.eclipse.ui.handlers
extension point.

PW

--
Paul Webster