Re: [epp-dev] Heads Up and some action requested : TCF Terminals Moving to TM

Hi Package Maintainers,

We have been convinced that contributing from TCF under a foreign namespace is not a good idea.

On the other hand, the deprecated legacy terminal view has already been removed from the simrel:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/simrel/org.eclipse.simrel.build.git/commit/?id=d677d5a6ae094bb2d1a7136be9d5b1d84c62740d

This means there is now some action strongly suggested, or packages might fail to build or build against outdated (M5) terminal contributions:

-          jee : Remove legacy terminal.view , optionally add the new tcf.terminals.view - Bug 462087

-          reporting : Remove legacy terminal.view , optionally add the new tcf.terminals.view - Bug 462089

-          parallel : Optionally add org.eclipse.tcf.te.terminals.feature AND org.eclipse.tcf.te.terminals.rse.feature

-          cpp : Optionally add org.eclipse.tcf.te.terminals.feature AND org.eclipse.tcf.te.terminals.rse.feature

For the must-have changes in jee and reporting, we have created bugs and Gerrit changesets.

Since I am an epp committer, I think I could apply these for you, but I would like the package maintainer’s OK before I do that.

I would strongly recommend also applying the optional changes (adding the TCF Terminals View) such that users can see the new view and provide feedback.

Without doing this, the Terminal view would be GONE in the respective packages in M6 and only reappear in M7 once the move has been completed.

I can also apply these changes for you if I get your OK.

Please let me know how you want to proceed, and if there’s any questions/concerns !

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6