Participant conference extension: 428, then enter pin 5422

North America 1-866-569-4992
Germany 49-692-2224-6059
France 33-17-070-8535
UK 0800-033-7806
Switzerland 41-44-580-2115
Sweden 46-85-063-8386
Italy 003-902-3604-8268

On 2017-05-29 2:30 PM, Mike Milinkovich wrote:
All,

Please find attached the current state of the EPLv2 draft. As a reminder, please indicate your availability for a conference call via the Doodle poll at https://doodle.com/poll/i5ufatqnsxhudkd4. I will select the date and time late tomorrow.

There are three documents, each in .odt, .pdf, and .docx formats.

  1. EPLv2 rev3 v1.0 - clean: The current draft in a clean state.
  2. EPLv2 rev3 vs rev2 - redline: A redline showing the changes from the last public draft distributed in March.
  3. EPLv2 rev3 vs EPLv1 - redline: A redline showing all changes since EPLv1.

Here is a brief summary of the changes since our last set of conference calls:

  • After much discussion, we removed the definition of executable code completely, and made the copyleft provision basically a simple statement that the source code must always be available. This helped significantly with addressing the topic of scripting languages and other cases where the source and executable forms of the code are identical, or at least similar.
  • We added a definition for Distirbution which hopefully works in the European context.
  • We cleaned up the Exhibit A to hopefully make it clearer that this is a notice that can be optionally added to a code base.

We considered the topics discussed on the list around templates and the definition of derivative works, but in the end decided to leave things pretty much the way they were. With respect to templates, I have spoken with copyright holders that prefer the status quo, and we want to make it easy for projects to adopt the EPLv2, so it makes sense to leave it as is.

As always, I look forward to your comments and feedback.