Re: [epl-discuss] Draft changes

FWIW, Markdown is handy for git histories/diffs/etc. and can easily be used to generate HTML when the text is finalized. (That's what most of MPL 2 and copyleft-next were done in.)

Luis

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 8:22 PM Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To be clear.....an EPL in html format will always be available. I was asking about the format which most found easiest to use for the purposes of this discussion.

Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.220.3223
From: David M Williams
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:19 PM
To: Discussions about the EPL(Eclipse Public License)
Reply To: Discussions about the EPL(Eclipse Public License)
Subject: Re: [epl-discuss] Draft changes

I don't mean to minimize he needs of CLI users, and not sure it matters too much for the EPL document, but many of those mentioned, do have links, bold text, a little layout, etc. Some of them are displayed "from the IDE", where plain text would look, well, a little plain.
Plus, in general, "raw text" is typically harder to translate (since "encoding" or "charset") is not encoded "in the file" like it is in HTML), plus, I have heard, it is sometimes harder to make "text files" nicely "accessible" (such as for screen readers) where HTML which has such concepts built in (mostly). So ... yes, worth a bug report and pros and cons detailed and perhaps alternatives thought of.

HTML forever! :) (can you tell my biases? :)

Thanks,