[emf-dev] [Announcement]

FYI, this message from Stephane Lacrampe, also posted on the newsgroup :

Hi,

Following the Eclipse Modeling Symposium at Eclipse Summit in Germany, we have spotted several initiatives trying to provide tools around EMF model comparison/merge.
We have decided to reduce the duplicate effort involved in developing and maintaining model comparison by creating a new project EMF Compare.

This project aims to be an EMF sub-project and embrace the followings :
 - EMF model comparison/merge with UI plugged on the Eclipse Core Team API
 - 2 and 3 model comparisons, tree and graphical comparisons
 - Specific support for industry standards meta-models embraced by the MDT project
 - Extensibility for third party to plug specific diff/merge engine

We are currently in the process of merging existing work from Obeo and Intalio to provide a first effective and pragmatic implementation of EMF Compare. We will be happy to get input and contributions from the community when the proposal is accepted.

We are aiming to provide an effective solution for the community for the Eclipse 3.3 release

Regards

Please reply to this message :

Cheers
Antoine Toulme