Re: [emf-dev] models and metamodels

Nenad,

I routinely ask people to ask their questions on the EMF newsgroup rather than using the mailing list.  In this case, I don't think I can answer a single one of your questions because I'm not familiar with ATL to any significant level of detail.   It would be best to ask these questions of the ATL folks.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

Nenad Krdzavac <nenadkr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/17/2005 01:37 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Modelling Framework

emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[emf-dev] models and metamodels

Dear all,

I am beginner in  ATL, EMF,...

I have a practical problems with model transformations:

1. I buit metamodel  (Mm) in UML (Poseidon fr UML).
2. I transformed the UML metamodel (Mm) in MOF metamodel (MOFMm) using
uml2mof.jar tool.
3. I generated JMI interfaces (JMI lets us handle with our models)
using MDR Explorer in NetBeans 3.5.1.
I wolud like to use ATL in eclipse environment to transform model Ma
to model Mb that conform the same metamodel (MOFMm).

Questions are:

1. How to create models that conform to the metamodel (MOFMm - xmi
file generated by uml2mof.jat) in ATL project?
2. I made model using the JMI interfaces in java project. Ca I use ATL
code to transform the model.
2. Can I use JMI in ATL code (atl file)?

Thank you very much.
Nenad

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free._______________________________________________
emf-dev mailing list