Re: [ee4j-pmc] Graduating EE4J projects

I didn't get an actual answer from the PMC.

According to the handbook:

For a graduation review, release review documentation must be augmented to include demonstration of:
  • solid working code with stable APIs;
  • an established and growing community around the project;
  • diverse multi-organization committer/contributor/developer activity; and
  • operation in the open using open source rules of engagement.
The graduation review documentation should demonstrate that members have learned the ropes and logistics of being an Eclipse project. That is, the project "gets the Eclipse way".

I believe that the EE4J projects that are participating in the Jakarta EE 9 release meet all four of the bullets.

Many Jakarta 9 projects have already completed release reviews, so we've fallen a bit behind. We normally combine a graduation review with a release review, but there's no requirement to do so. I'm thinking that we can assemble a Graduation review for all of the participating projects and get them in one fell swoop. The graduation review, like a release review, takes a week. Since all of the projects will have recently engaged in a release review, there is no intellectual property review required. Really, all we need is PMC agreement that all of the projects are operating in accordance with the EDP and that the four criteria list above have been met and I can schedule the review.

Note that there are three EE4J projects that are missing project leads. This is an invalid state that needs to be addressed (we can't reasonably graduate these projects if they have no project lead).
  • Jakarta Annotations
  • Eclipse Implementation of JAXB
  • Eclipse OpenMQ
I need the PMC to make identifying project leads for these projects a priority, please.

Let me know if you need more help to understand what this involves or why it matters.

Wayne