Re: [ee4j-pmc] Eclipse GlassFish release plan revision

+1 after Dmitry’s answers to my questions.

From: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Dmitry Kornilov
Sent: 14 September 2018 12:09
To: EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ee4j-pmc] Eclipse GlassFish release plan revision

Hi,

In the light of the recent update from Eclipse Webmasters the GlassFish release plan needs adjustments. There are issues with fast provisioning of Jenkins instances (see attached email). The Eclipse plan assumes that the last Jenkins instance will be provisioned on Week 41 (ends 14 Oct 2018): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O2NA6YddYQy34riTabQd_lkNwwFzKq1HevxCJYNXrv4/edit#gid=0

According to the original GlassFish release plan all CI/CD related tasks must be finished before 1 Oct 2018. Assuming that there is some work needed after Jenkins instance provisioning (1 week), this date should be shifter forward for 3 weeks to Oct 22. Oct 22 is the first day of Oracle Code One.

Suggested plan reflecting the situation is below. I marked bold all updated terms. The change doesn’t affect the GlassFish 5.1-RC1 milestone release, but it affects the final GlassFish 5.1 release.

Sep 18 -- All code required for GF build contributed.

Sep 23 — Eclipse GlassFish builds.

Oct 1 -- Java EE 8 CTS testing. We are able to run CTS tests on Eclipse GlassFish.

Oct 22 — CI/CD release pipelines completed.

Oct 22 -- Eclipse GlassFish 5.1-RC1 milestone release.

Nov 5 — Dependencies updated. All projects are released to OSSRH and have dependencies to Eclipse version of other components.

Nov 30 -- Release Review completed.

Dec 14 -- Eclipse GlassFish 5.1 release. All CTS tests are passed.

Comments?

Thanks,

Dmitry