From:        Dmitry Kornilov <dmitry.kornilov@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        06/07/2018 02:21 PM
Subject:        Re: [ee4j-pmc] Project proposal for JSF?
Sent by:        ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I agree. Proposing a new project doesn’t make things worse. I start working on the proposal if everybody agree.

— Dmitry

On 7 Jun 2018, at 19:48, Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Looking through the list of projects that in flight (
https://www.eclipse.org/ee4j/status.php), it looks like the only API project that we're missing is JSF.  When we proposed Mojarra, we knew this was the case.  We indicated this would be one of the first steps for Mojarra to break out the API (and TCK) into a separate project.  From the Scope of the Mojarra project proposal:

"(Note:  The API and TCK will be parsed into a separate Eclipse project once this initial project population for EE4J is complete.)
"

I'm wondering if we should start to complete that picture now.  Let's propose the JSF project and get it provisioned and ready for the Mojarra API and TCK contributions.  The reason for this request is to have a landing spot for Spec or API related issues.  We just ran into an issue while testing Liberty for CTS compliance and the resolution requires an update to the JSF specification.  Where should we log that type of an issue  If we had a JSF project, that would be the proper place.  In the mean time, we are going to log it in Mojarra, just so that we don't forget about it.

What do you guys think?  Since we have projects for all of the major Specifications/APIs, I think it would be good to have one for JSF.  Even if it's just a placeholder until we get actual code contributed (kind of like the TCK project).

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Java EE architect

phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: