From: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ian Darwin
Sent: Samstag, 19. Mai 2018 21:58
To: ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ee4j-pmc] PMC Minutes

On 5/19/18 2:17 PM, Mike Milinkovich wrote:

> I would also point out that the governance models and processes that
> exist at the Eclipse Foundation are a very large part of why Jakarta
> EE came to us in the first place. We were selected after a careful
> evaluation of the alternatives.

Not taking sides here, but mentioning in passing that the company that
selected EF was, in fact, a "...top-down vendor...", so EF may have been
chosen because its structures looked most familiar. One could point out that
Oracle has not always had the best track record in terms of dealing with
open-source communities, as witnesseth Hudson/Jenkins, MySQL/MariaDB, and
others.

That said, it will take time for all parties to get adjusted to each other,
so hopefully everyone will give this a fair chance and get on with things.