Re: [ee4j-pmc] PMC Minutes

On May 17, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Dmitry Kornilov <dmitry.kornilov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don’t think that bottom-up effort will demonstrate great results. [...]

For the general directions, I believe that it will be more effective if PMC creates a vision document draft and initiate a public review. During the review committers can suggest changes. PMC will review changes and release a final version of the document.

Just a quick note on this as Markus is going to read that thinking this is the perspective of all the PMC.

I know particularly Steve and I believe bottom up is the right approach.  We did agree to put together a template by Tuesday so that we could give projects some minimal guidance on what information we're looking for, but they would be the ones to actually fill it in.

Certainly, some things can be top-down.  The concern is so far everything has been top-down, so we need to deliberately create some balance.

-David

Back to the top