Re: [ee4j-pmc] Project/Specification dependencies

Hi Wayne,

On 5/17/18 12:55 AM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
I think of the "consumes" relationship as meaning "consumes an implementation".

So... EclipseLink /implements/ the JPA specification

and it also implements JAXB specification (JAXB-RI is the reference impl, MOXy, which is part of EclipseLink, is an alternative impl). Also note that MOXy has (unfortunately) direct dependency on JAXB-RI due to extending 'xjc' command.

You may want to capture this relationship...

One note to Metro stack - from the very top-level point of view WSIT is build on top of JAXWS-RI which is build on top of JAXB-RI. JAXWS-RI can use MOXy instead of JAXB-RI.

thanks,
--lukas

 and Eclipse
GlassFish consumes EclipseLink. I believe that Eclipse GlassFish /implements/ some specs itself (EJB?) and /consumes/ implementations provided by others. Assuming this relationship is correct, Eclipse GlassFish has no direct relationship with JPA (though I could argue this either way; this is very much a choice between creating a meaningful chart and one that's overly pedantic).

The relationships from Eclipse GlassFish, I believe, are actually the most interesting ones.

If anything, we can eliminate the references implementation from the Jakarta EE Platform project as it references everything, and so isn't all that interesting on this chart.

FWIW, it's pretty simple to just eliminate that project and references from the dot file and render the chart without it:

grep -v jakartaee relationships.dot | dot -Tsvg > ~/chart.svg

Does this make sense?

Wayne