Re: [ee4j-pmc] ECA Validation

Thanks for bringing this up.

All contributors (who are not committers) need to sign the ECA. Note that the ECA is tied to specific employment status, so any time somebody changes employers, they need to invalidate their existing ECA and resign it with information about their current employer.

The webmaster adds a hook on all Git/Gerrit/GitHub repositories that checks all incoming commits to ensure that the author has signed the ECA and that the commit is itself "Signed off". The GitHub hook doesn't have the ability to prevent the committer from accepting a pull request; all we can do is warn them.

There's more here:

https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#resources-commit
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#resources-github

Committers should never actually have to use the ECA Validation tool. The hooks should tell them whether or not the contributor has signed.

HTH,

Wayne