[ee4j-pmc] Custom EE4J Web site

Greetings PMC.

I've set up a default custom website.

http://www.eclipse.org/ee4j currently redirects to http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j which is generated from project metadata. At some point in the future, we can change this redirect into a beautiful custom page. We'll need to sort out the how and who for that at some point.

The source for the site is in the Eclipse Git repository and is accessible via Gerrit.

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/admin/projects/www.eclipse.org/ee4j

Everything that gets pushed to that repository will automatically show up on the website about a minute later.

Because I assume that everybody doesn't love Gerrit quite as much as I do, I've set up a clone on GitHub.

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ee4j-website

The FAQ source is here:

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/ee4j-website/blob/master/src/adoc/faq.adoc

All that's there now is the FAQ content. I've set up the project with a "src" directoy that contains Asciidoctor documents. The build compiles that Asciidoctor content into HTML content in the "generated" directory. The plain HTML in that directory is rendered using the default Eclipse theme via some PHP scripts.

I chose Asciidoctor because of my own familiarity. We should be able to easily change this to whatever we eventually choose to use. Likewise, the theme is just the default theme and--assuming that somebody steps up to do the work--we change change this into whatever we want it to be.

For now, I'll take care of accepting pull requests and propagating them to the EF Git server. At some point in the not-too-distant-future, we'll have to decide what we really want to do with this site and how we want to manage it.

I've turned off Issues and Wiki on the GitHub repository for now.

I'm waiting on a permission to push this to the live web server.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton