Re: [ee4j-pmc] Project onboarding progress charts

Hi Wayne,

I think this is super useful and much easier to track the progress than any other way I can imagine. It would be good to include this link in any future public email/post with announcements, e.g. when publishing PMC meeting minutes to this mailing list.

Most of the statuses are self-explanatory but I don't understand what is "Provisioning process". Could you explain?

It would also be helpful to give rough estimates for each status about how long it would take to transition to the next status (considering Eclipse internal processes, delays and necessary work). It would suffice to give estimates in intervals of weeks, e.g. 3-4 weeks, 8-12 weeks etc.

Cheers,
Ondro

I cobbled together a chart based on my project tracking data as a proof of concept for a status dashboard for the process of bringing the EE4J projects over to the Eclipse Foundation.

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j/progress

Note that the thirteen states are just pulled from what I have available without putting much energy into it.  I can tighten it up (or we can just make an entirely different/special set of states). The gauge seemed obvious, but I think that there are other options.

Does this seem useful?

Thoughts?

Wayne

--