Re: [ee4j-community] EE4J code conventions?

On 2018-04-09 1:40 PM, Markus KARG wrote:
Can you please also put on the PMC's table that we are at the Eclipse Foundation here, and that Eclipse IDE by default has a different style to what Arjan proposed, and that committers might not be happy with more dictates from the PMC, and that other Eclipse projects also do not share the proposed style…? There is no essential force to have a dictated formatting, so why restrict the commiter's freedom?

To clarify: each PMC is free to decide its own rules. The Eclipse PMC (i.e. our eponymous IDE platform project) has a certain culture and set of rules that has worked for it for many years. I don't think any of the other PMCs (e.g. WTP, Science, IoT, Tools, LocationTech, Polarsys, etc.) at the Eclipse Foundation follow its approach.

In other words, the EE4J PMC is free to decide what is right for its projects.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top