Re: [ee4j-community] Status of JPA migration

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 11:55 AM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 4/7/18 11:13 AM, Jens Schauder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find it confusing that the status page
> https://www.eclipse.org/ee4j/status.php doesn't mention JPA.
> It has a row for EclipseLink, but that is AFAIK only the reference
> implementation.

AFAIK in case of JPA there has been no standalone spec-provided API for
quite long time with reasoning behind that that "the API is
implementation specific and should be provided by vendors/spec
implementations" - in case of EclipseLink the repo with API is one of
the repositories managed by eclipselink project.

Well, that's not entirely correct. There is a JPA API (https://github.com/javaee/jpa-spec), but it has not been transferred to Eclipse yet. I guess that is why it is missing from the list. As soon as the project has been created, it will appear there.

> Or is the specification and the TCK now part of EclipseLink?

I believe that it has been clearly communicated by others that specs and
TCK's as such are being/will be handled separately; these have never
been part of EclipseLink, nor managed by it.

thanks,
--lukas