[ee4j-community] Modifying EE.next Working Group charter to accommodate guest members

All,

There has been some discussion regarding enabling organizations such as JUGs, educators, etc. to participate in the EE.next working group.

As background, these organizations typically join the Eclipse Foundation as Associate members.  Associate membership is free of charge for qualifying organizations, but limits voting rights of the member.  More information regarding our membership levels can be found here [1].  More information about becoming an Associate member can be found here [2].

We are proposing to follow the process used with other Eclipse Foundation working groups, which is to enable Associate members of the Foundation to be invited as Guest members of working groups.  Guests are invited to join the working group by the steering committee, and the invitation is extended for a one year period, renewable.

Thus, we are proposing to modify the draft charter as shown in the markups in the attached PDF (amended text shown in green).

Kind regards,
Paul

Paul White
VP, Member Services