Re: [ee4j-community] [eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Proposed EE.next Working Group

On 2018-02-17 11:43 AM, John D. Ament wrote:

One point of clarification please.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-02-06 12:25 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> The FAQ says "Strategic members are the vendors that deliver Java EE implementations".
>
> Can you please clarify the role of *projects* like TomEE or Hammock
> that may also deliver an ee4j implementation. Are they included in the term "vendor" above?

No, projects are not members. However, the legal entities that support those projects could join as Strategic Members.

Does individual constitute a legal entity in the eyes of the Eclipse Foundation (with respect to working groups) or only corporate entities?

I meant corporate entities. As in the Apache Software Foundation joining EE.next, just like they were members of the JCP in the past.

In the above email, it indicates the legal entities could join as Strategic Members.  Does this mean that only that level you have access to the working groups, or do Solutions Members and above have access?  I don't see it listed on the types of membership page.

Solutions and above. From the charter:

Membership
An entity must be at least a Solutions Member​ of the Eclipse Foundation, have executed the EE.next Participation Agreement once defined, and adhere to the requirements set forth in this Charter to participate.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(m) +1.613.220.3223