Re: [ee4j-community] Status of Brand Selection

Thanks for the info Mike .

--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

All,

I want to apologize for the silence on this topic the last little while. We are still working towards announcing a community vote on CIVS soon, hopefully as early as next week.

The EE4J PMC provided a list of candidate names to the Eclipse Foundation about two weeks ago. But before announcing the community poll we need to (a) ensure that we have a high probability of success in creating a worldwide trademark registration for each of the potential new brands, (b) start the trademark registration process for all of them, and (c) acquire at least some of the relevant domain names for all of them. As you can imagine, this takes a little time.

We appreciate your patience, and hope to have more to say soon.