Re: [ee4j-community] Licensing considerations for EE4J implementation projects

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 9:59 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-01-23 11:21 AM, Werner Keil wrote:
So with Vert.x or JNoSQL, should they ever apply EPL2, does one license have to be "primary" and the other "secondary" or can they also remain side-by side as they are now with those projects?

Yes, those projects can move from EPL-1.0+APACHE-2.0 to EPL-2.0+APACHE-2.0 any time that they want.

Does it mean that we can have both Secondary license and dual license at the same time? As far as I understand, the Secondary license clause is meant to replace the dual-license scenario. And as per https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/faq.php#h.lza2unrion3b only GPLv2 and later versions are permissible in the secondary license clause which is precisely my point in Solution Option B of my original post. In EPL1, it was possible to have dual license with Apache2. But the secondary clause in EPL2 supports only GPL2 or later.

-Mrinal

Back to the top