From: Heiko Rupp <hrupp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1/17/18 3:59 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: EE4J community discussions <ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Feedback to Joint Community Open Letter on   Java EE Naming and Packaging

On 17 Jan 2018, at 8:48, Guillermo González de Agüero wrote:

> Your understanding is correct. I mean it won't be possible to create
> new specs that fall into the same category as the existing ones (part
> of the Java official API). That was one of the biggest values of Java
> EE for me.

What is the "Java official API" ? You mean the SE ones?

> JSR 382. I wonder if the same path should be the way for EE4J: moving
> to the JCP *specific* components that should be part of the whole Java
> API.

I do not think this is blocked by a ee4j top level package name.
Just take JAX-P, the DOM comes from org.w3c and SAX stuff
from org.xml.sax - and still they are part of JavaSE's jre.

So if ee4j.fooBar is useful for JavaSE, it could be proposed
to the JCP for JavaSE and moved there with the existing
ee4j.* package (?)

Sorry If I still misunderstood you.