Re: [ee4j-community] Retaining History for incoming EE4J Projects

On 2018-01-15 12:40 PM, Markus KARG wrote:
If it is not a legal issue, the file headers can stay as they are, and if it
is only a time issue,_I_  can fetch and push the commits between the repos.
So why not letting me do that?

Because that's not how it works....

Like every large company we have ever worked with, before Oracle contributes any code to any open source foundation they have a process to follow. (Scanning code, reviewing copyright headers, checking license compatibility, etc.)

Before the Eclipse Foundation accepts significant code contributions to its projects, we have a process that we follow. (Scanning code, reviewing copyright headers, checking license compatibility, etc.)

As I said: real time, effort, and resources are required to move the history.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top