Re: [ee4j-community] Retaining History for incoming EE4J Projects

On 2018-01-14 2:29 PM, arjan tijms wrote:
On Sunday, January 14, 2018, Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

Thanks for the clarification. Although Oracle representatives or Spec Leads confirmed they do not seek major updates to Java EE standards now placed under the EE4J umbrella, there could be some major issues or bugs the original codebase (through the Maintenance Lead or in some cases former EG Members who signed the OCA) must address to fix them in products and solutions based on Java EE 8.

I do wonder a bit how that would work. Both EE 7 and EE 8 are “current” products. If I’d like to fix a bug in JSF 2.2 from EE 7, how would that be done generally speaking?

Minor fixes to the specifications for EE 7 or EE 8 would work as it does today. You can see an example of that happening right now with the JTA MR.
https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ee4j-community/msg00822.html

All of the existing Java EE repositories are going to stay right where they are. If there is a need to spin a maintenance release of an older version of Glassfish, that's where it would happen.

Related to this, are the existing Maven coordinates for various products (like Mojarra) transferred, or would Eclipse Mojarra have to be published using new coordinates?

I'm not sure. Perhaps someone on the PMC has thoughts on how that will work.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top