Re: [ee4j-community] Retaining History for incoming EE4J Projects

Still I do not see the difference between the _latest_ commit and any other commit, actually. The OCAs had been signed for those commits, too, and the licence was pretty much the same back then already. So what _additional_ work has to be done exactly for _each_ commit?

From: ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Sonntag, 14. Januar 2018 17:06
To: ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ee4j-community] Retaining History for incoming EE4J Projects

On 2018-01-14 10:19 AM, Mrinal Kanti wrote:

When the older versions are removed, we may also lose track of the initial contributors. Given the fact that earlier versions were released under GPLv2 (with CE) and newer versions can also be used under EPL, doesn't that require consent from ALL initial contributors?

Contributors signed the Sun (later Oracle) Contributor Agreement which provides Sun/Oracle with joint ownership of the contributions. All necessary consents and licensing issues have been taken care of.

I assume that Oracle would have cleared all license related issues but want to know if it would suffice for indemnification should the need ever arise in future.

What indemnification? No open source license past, present or future provides an indemnification.

Do we have any provision for tracking initial contributor consent publicly, just to be on the safe side?

No, as none is required.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx