Re: [ee4j-community] GlassFish Tools für GlassFish 5

On 2017-10-25 2:21 AM, Alexander Salvanos wrote:
this is good news.

Thanks!

There is another topic that seems to me important.
This is about closing the gap of connecting Eclipse to GlassFish 5.
The GlassFish Tools project seems to be dead. At least, there is currently no possibility to use the GlassFish 5 Server from Eclipse. I know, we could use Wildfly instaed. But I believe, since GlassFish 5 is the reference implementation of Java EE 8, we should quickly provide a solution. In my oppinion, neither NetBeans nor IntelliJ provide a satisfying solution either. And it is us respectively the Eclipse Foundation, that is holding the upcoming new version with the name EE4J.
So, we should have a convenient way to use Eclipse instead.

I would like to be clear that the Eclipse Foundation welcomes EE4J support from Apache NetBeans, IntelliJ, and others. The Eclipse IDE support for EE4J will not be getting any special role here, as it is important that all developer tool providers embrace EE4J.

That said, I am sure that the Eclipse WTP platform project would welcome contributions. I think wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx would be a good place to start that conversation.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx