[eclipselink-users] Setting up development environment

Hi

I need assistance in setting up my development environment. I am running Debian stretch OS (Ubuntu is Debian for all practical purposes) with an Xwindows KDE desktop. I have a couple of projects that require both Python 2.7 and others that requre 3.x, I will be using Django 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 as needed. Each project must be completely separate from the other pojects and must not use global libraries. In short each project must be atomic. All projects use a common postgresql database or the Django default and may have to share an Apache server. I should be able to delete a project with out effecting the others. Updates to software by the Debian apt-get method should not effect the projects. It would be nice if I could port older projects over to the new setup.

I have been using another IDE but the IDE suffers from lack of development. With that one I used vertualenv or Python3-venv to set up virtual environments for each. I have attempted to set up a similar thing with Eclipse and have had all kinds of conflicts. The bottom line is that I have no idea what I am doing. I need a road map, preferably not requiring a lot of extra code, to set things up.

All help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.

Back to the top