[eclipselink-users] EclipseLink failover, connection pool, etc.

Hi list,

I'm using EclipseLink JPA interface in my code and would confirm some issues with you people. Any response is greatly appreciated!

1. EclipseLink Connection Pool. According to the document, "For non-Java EE applications, you typically use internal connection pools. By default, EclipseLink sessions use internal connection pools.", and I do see multiple connections are started up when my application runs. However, in another page, I see "You can create internal connection pools only for server sessions (not for any other session type, including database sessions)", how to understand the statement?

2. Does EclipseLink provide any failover functionalities, for example specifying more than one JDBC URLs, etc? I did search the document and found nothing. Just want to confirm with the community to ensure I don't miss anything.

Again thanks for your help!

Thanks,
William

Back to the top