Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Reminder of "nearly first Wednesday" meeting, June 8, 12 noon

I may not be able to attend this call.

I am very concerned that many of the projects that have stated their intention to participate in the Neon Simultaneous release are not participating in the necessary communication channels, or are otherwise disinterested in the process. I mean process not in the EDP sense, but rather in the sense of the process of putting together a simultaneous release and the communication that is required to make that happen.

In at least a few cases, project teams stated an intent to push a new version into Neon, but then just didn't (contributing Mars bits instead). Despite multiple attempts through multiple channels for me to communicate with them regarding missing review materials, I have yet to have elicited any sort of response from some.

The processy stuff is, IMHO, revealing a concerning lack of participation in the entire process. As I raise warnings, on the cross-projects-issues-dev list, I would at least expect the representatives for some of the projects to contact me in a mild state of panic. Instead, I'm getting nothing from some projects which leads me to the conclusion that I stated above.

I'm pretty sure that I've communicated deadlines and have issued reasonable reminders.

As it sits, I may have to fail some release reviews. I have heard absolutely nothing from BPMN2 Modeler, XWT, and Andmore.

I have initiated back channel communications with BIRT, Data Tools, and Web Tools and am confident that something should be coming my way shortly.

It appears that GMF Tooling, and WindowBuilder will be contributing old bits. The WindowBuilder team did submit an IP Log for 1.9 (but no PMC approval as of yet), but currently has 1.8 bits in the repository. By my thinking, it's way too late for them to change this.

I'll provide further updates as events warrant.

Wayne