[eclipse.org-committers] Infrastructure updates

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to let you all know about some upcoming infrastructure work.

First we will be upgrading our production cluster November 27th,2022 starting at 8AM Eastern.  We expect this to be relatively uneventful, but CI instances will probably experience issues with availability or starting jobs as the underlying hardware is updated and restarted.  Once the upgrade is complete things should return to normal.

Secondly, we are moving forwards with our plan[1] to sunset the Foundations Gerrit and Bugzilla instances by May 2025.   In order to keep this on track in Q1 2023 Webmaster will start reaching out(via issues and mailing lists) directly to 15-20 projects per quarter and working with them to both move their code repositories(to the Foundations GitLab instance or to GitHub), and to deal with existing project bugs.

Projects should feel free to file an issue on the HelpDesk[2]  asking Webmaster to move their repositories and handle their bugs before we select them for a quarterly sprint, and we'll do our best to find a time that works best for the project.

Based on previous experiences these repository moves should only require updating the remote URLs in any local repository copies and build jobs.  In case the unexpected does happen the Webmaster and RelEng teams will work with projects to find solutions.

If you have any questions please email us: webmaster at eclipse dot org

-Matt.

[1]https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Gerrit/Gerrit-and-Bugzilla-deprecation-and-migration-plan
[2]https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues

Back to the top