[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Infra update: GitHub, SVN, Download Stats

Hello!

A quick update from the server side of Eclipse.org...

Social Coding: GitHub
Last year we launched the Social Coding effort[1] to enable the use of third-party forges.  For those projects that would prefer to use GitHub as their main development repository, we're now offering you the chance to migrate.  For now, we only support projects that maintain a single Git repository.

To migrate from git.eclipse.org to GitHub, please discuss with your community, and refer to the document below:
    https://wiki.eclipse.org/Social_Coding/Hosting_a_Project_at_GitHub

Please note: Regardless of where your code is, your project must still abide by the EDP and IP Due Diligence processes. In other words, GitHub contributors still need to sign the Eclipse CLA[2], they must sign-off on their contributions[3], and contributions (Pull Requests) > 250 lines of code require a CQ[4].

EclipseCon 2014
The entire Webmaster team (Matt, Thanh, and Denis) will be present at EclipseCon 2014 in March.  It is our pleasure to discuss servers, development tools, build infrastructure and other infra topics.

Please hunt us down -- if you shake us hard enough, free beer coupons will spill from our pockets.

Subversion (SVN)
The Eclipse Foundation has deprecated the usage of the Subversion SCM for some time now.  On December 22, 2014, SVN will be turned off on all Eclipse.org servers.  Please work with Webmaster to migrate to Git (or GitHub) at your earliest convenience.  Please see: http://eclip.se/401737 for details.

Download Statistics
We've had a few questions regarding Download statistics recently, so I thought it would be good to remind you that we log download requests for files when using the Find A Mirror mechanism, and from p2 using the p2.statsURI property [5].  A web interface is provided for committers to query the database (see [5]).  For now, we do not have a solution for Maven downloads using repo.eclipse.org.

Have you voted?  Elections for the Committer Representatives at the Eclipse Board of Directors are on now, and voting ends March 7.  All committer members (individual committers can also become members[6]) are eligible to vote, and an email with instructions and credentials was sent.

If you cannot locate this email, or if you've become a member after the email was sent, please contact webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and we will reissue your voting credentials.

===

Thank you for your time.  If you have any questions or comments about the Eclipse servers and development tools, please don't hesitate to contact us at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Denis