Re: [eclipse-dev] Lightweight M1 for September release

Hi Andrey

------ Original Message ------
From: "Andrey Loskutov" <loskutov@xxxxxx>
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 02/05/2022 17:01:15
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Lightweight M1 for September release

I would be against this proposal.

I would rather (once again) raise the awareness of the active committers about "eating your own dog food" and use the milestone week to actually try the latest greatest nightly builds.
We have too many regressions that only found by users after release, so having a week where people hold on for a moment with hacking and try to test the product should help our users.
This is especially important for M1 because many "mass changes" that silently break untested code happen usually there.

When you say "after the release", do you mean M1 or the actual release? Wouldn't bugs in M1 be found in the release testing for M2 and the actual release?

/Thomas

Back to the top