Re: [eclipse-dev] Moving the Bug reference to the meta data in the Git commit footer?

Hi,

I also like having the bug # in notification, history and so on immediately visible as I often use it as a way to navigate between tracker and bugzilla.
However, we could save a few chars by using "[123456] blah" instead of "Bug 123456 - blah". those 4 chars could be useful to me as I often reach the too long 1st line limit of Git recommendation. Is using such format already OK? If not, could it become acceptable and even made a recommendation?

Back to the top