[eclipse-dev] Are build-hooks possible, could they be implemented?

Hello,

I have a nice notification tool – it displays text under prompt of all active shells (Zsh):

https://asciinema.org/a/156726

I want to notify "Build finished", ideally with additional information "... with 0 warnings 0 errors", maybe also with project name.

I think this functionality is what people look forward to, builds are long and sometimes often repeated to just check effect of a change, I then go into shell to perform some secondary tasks, but the awareness that build is ongoing, can be long or short, with errors or warnings, etc. is very disrupting. Could this simple command-hook be implemented to run after build is finished, in my case it would just execute: zc-bg-notify -q "text".

I use CDT, external builder (makefiles in Debug/), gcc toolchain, for STM32 microcontrollers (SW4STM32).

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski

Back to the top