Re: [eclipse-dev] [jdt-dev]MovingJDT'sLTKbundlestoeclipse.platform.text?

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe people who click on such links are skilled enough to try parent URLs (until they reach the repo or a README) or to look for the classname in a search engine and find the link to the newer location

Sure, but a redirect would be nicer.

So do we have an agreement that we proceed on this one, Requesting via bz from webmaster to put redirect but not blocking on it?

Alex

Dani

From: Â Â Â ÂMickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Â Â Â Â"Eclipse JDT general developers list." <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Â Â Â Â09.11.2017 17:39
Subject: Â Â Â ÂRe: [eclipse-dev] [jdt-dev] Â Â Â ÂMovingJDT'sLTKbundlestoeclipse.platform.text?
Sent by: Â Â Â Âeclipse-dev-bounces@eclipse.org

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That works for people who look at the repo. If they just click on a link they will get a 404 and not the readme ifle.

I believe people who click on such links are skilled enough to try parent URLs (until they reach the repo or a README) or to look for the classname in a search engine and find the link to the newer location._______________________________________________
eclipse-dev mailing list
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dev.eclipse.org_mailman_listinfo_eclipse-2Ddev&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=1UITCR5rxUZHSFczvfaNFK4ymEbEiccRX7VKchpqz0Y&m=-BSA9cEQiVk--X_X0DlhpEFhx0jCaDcN5gTOC7ADj10&s=OZtJjuogln6JQAFjjUAzJijJYlb20YKdm6OkLxlt_lM&e=