[eclipse-dev] Moving JDT's LTK bundles to eclipse.platform.text?

Hi all,

[Context: I'm willing to add support to delete nested project from the delete project dialog, and found out the the common debug project dialog is actually in JDT repo]
I've seen that eclipse.jdt.ui repo contains multiple org.eclipse.ltk.* bundles that have no dependency on JDT and that provide some very cross-language features. I have the impression moving those to eclipse.platform.ui, eclipse.platform.text (or a new eclipse.platform.ltk) would allow to better organize separation of concerns and could be a key factor of success for our Platform UI plan item "Improve LTK".

Is anyone aware of any concern about trying to move those bundles out of JDT to a more shared place?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top