Re: [eclipse-dev] Rename download.eclipse.org/eclipse to download.eclipse.org/platform?

No. You’d break pretty much the entire world the has that address in their pom.xml, composite*.xml, etc.

From: <eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 6:08 AM
Subject: [eclipse-dev] Rename download.eclipse.org/eclipse to download.eclipse.org/platform?

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/ wouldn't better being name download.eclipse.org/platform to make a better distinction with the various meanings of "eclipse".
If we go for that move, it would probably involve making d.e.org/eclipse redirect to d.e.o/platform so it wouldn't break anyone, and changing most documentations and link websites to fix those URLs.
Depending on how the Foundation staff finds it useful, we might even be able to ask them for contribution regarding docs and website so it would be less work for the current contributors.

WDYT?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top