[eclipse-dev] Contribution to Neon Update Releases

For the Eclipse top-level project, we recognize that the pace of software development has increased to the point where feature work can not be constrained to one release per year. However, the expectation of the community is that our Update releases will provide increased stability and overall improved quality. To ensure that we maintain these expectations, feature work to be delivered into an Update release needs to be brought forward to the PMC for approval, as is done for API changes (including additions). Only fixes and features that have been already working fine in master for some time can be brought forward. Having the work first in master and tested by the community before it gets backported, is our normal workflow. In addition, any backport needs to be reviewed by another committer.

Your Eclipse PMC

Back to the top