Re: [eclipse-dev] Integrate more projects into Platform UI?

Hi Lars,

I think this is something which absolutely makes sense, especially while we see low committer activity and insufficient head count in all platform projects in general. The separation was needed at time where Eclipse platform had multiple active teams working in parallel on the source code. Right now quite the opposite is the case and so the old setup does not make sense anymore and probably is more counterproductive.

Getting a patch reviewed & integrated in the "smaller" components with very little active committer base is nearly impossible and is a bottleneck for getting things done. Merging those smaller projects with a "bigger" committer family will definitely help here.

Platform.text integration to platform.ui was a first step in this direction and so far I think it was a success, at least from my point of view.

> What do you think? Should be suggest the move to Platform UI for the
> following components:
>
> - resources

A big +1

> - debug