Re: [eclipse-dev] Confirm that Tycho can't manage BOTH p2 and Maven artifacts?

The answer is that it depends.

Tycho either can be driven by a plugin manifest or Pom.xml to resolve its p2 dependencies and here I believe it is true - it has to be either/or.

but what you can do in your specific case of having nested jars inside your plugin is to use mvn copy-dependencies which allow you to remove lib content from your source Repo and have it dynamically downloaded and put into the lib folder during build.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/Dependency_on_pom-first_artifacts has more
on it.

Jbosstools projects uses this for a few things where creating a full set of Osgi dependencies was not feasible.

Hope that helps.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen