[eclipse-dev] Get current project in custom action

While in a custom editor action, how can I get the current project that the file in the editor view resides within?

My posting on the forum has more detail, but the previous statement is the main question: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1073665/ .

I would assume the "Open Declaration" action in the Java editor has to deal with a similar problem. If the component is defined with the same name in multiple projects, I assume it would prefer to show the component from the same project as the current file in the editor view belongs to. So how does it do that?