Re: [eclipse-dev] Key for "Directly show update wizard" preference

Hi,

I found the answer : org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler/showUpdateWizard=true

From: Christelle BURGUERA
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 9:06 AM
To: 'eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Key for "Directly show update wizard" preference

Hello,

I find how I can change the value of the "Directly show update wizard" preference in the plugin_customization.ini, because I can’t’ do it programmatically, I development my plugins under Kepler (this pref doesn’t exist), but the eclipse where there are installed is a luna one !

I’ve tested :

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler.showUpdateWizard=true
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler/showUpdateWizard=true
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler.showUpdateWizard=true

I think it’s a formal issue, because by program I can modify the "Automatically find new udpates and notify me" preference :

[CODE]

// AutomaticUpdatePlugin.getDefault() = "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler"

final IPreferenceStore pref = AutomaticUpdatePlugin.getDefault().getPreferenceStore();

// PREF_AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED = "enabled"

final boolean isAutoUpdate = pref.getBoolean(PreferenceConstants.PREF_AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED);

if(isAutoUpdate)

      pref.setValue(PreferenceConstants.PREF_AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED, false);

[/CODE]

But if I put under the plugin_customization.ini :

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler/enabled = false
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler.enabled = false
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler.enabled = false

and nothing appends

For info:

-       I’ve verified that I can modify a pref to change the value under the plugin_customization.ini

-       I’ve exported the preferences before and after modification, but the pref I’m looking for it’s not present

-       No trace of the pref in the .pref files

If you have any idea ….

Many thanks

Christelle

Back to the top