[eclipse-dev] Planning to aggressively remove I- and M- builds, on Friday, 9/18, around 3 PM Eastern

Partially due to the up-coming Mars.1 release, but also due to "complaints" of "too many I-builds" in repository composite, I plan to remove "old builds" a little earlier than usual -- not a lot earlier, but enough that I wanted to give "early warning" since some may have to update build scripts before the weekend.

For the I-builds, after I promote our M2 build, I will quickly delete all I-build before I20150914-2000. Then, I will remove the rest of the old ones next Wednesday, after our first I-build towards M3.

For M-builds, on Friday, I will remove all of them before our final release candidate of 4.5.1RC3.

This removal means from both the downloads site, and the software repository sites.

If any one knows that they will not be able to adjust their build scripts or dependencies in time, please let me know by replying to platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx and I'll leave what you need.

Off topic, but interesting, I considered "archiving" the 4.4.2 release, since 4.5 has been out for a while, and 4.5.1 is about to come out, but found that the number of downloads has been about the same for 4.4.2 and 4.5.  So ... will leave it on the mirrored download site a little longer. Perhaps after 4.5.1 comes out there will be less demand for the older 4.4.2?

Number of downloads since July 1:

R4.4.2: Total: 28905

R4.5:   Total: 25433

Back to the top