[eclipse-dev] Copyright notes, authors in file headers

Hi,

on the groovy users mailing list is currently a discussion ongoing as groovy is looking for a new home for its project. During the discussion Jason Winnebeck pointed to an interesting article regarding copyright headers in source files along with author names:

http://opensource.com/law/14/2/copyright-statements-source-files

Would be interesting if there is a official position from eclipse to that topic. While we insist on the EPL license, do we encourage people to add a copyright remark? I see projects steadily updating the year markers in such headers. Some authors add their names to the list of contributors, others don't.

While I am quite sure each project could define its own set of rules here, does eclipse encourage a specific behavior here, like the apache foundation does?

best regards
Christian

Back to the top