Re: [eclipse-dev] Deprecations in Runtime

If you don't want compatibility to be loaded, you need to avoid all deprecated API in boot and runtime. In the case of IPlatformRunnable, the migration is trivial. The interface was just copied to org.eclipse.core.runtime.  Move to this new interface and you don't need the compability plugin.

Scott Fairbrother wrote on 04/28/2004 02:08:54 PM:

> We have compatibility loaded, therefore we don't end up with
> NoClassDefFoundError.  We do not plan to exploit OSGi and we are
> following the advice to develop the plug-in in the PDE using plugin.
> xml, using the 2.x development plugin development model.  Can take
> this approach and  avoid loading org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility?

Back to the top