From: Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxx [mailto:Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 10:48 AM
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] (no subject)

Hi Jerry,

The newsgroup is a good place for questions like this and is very active.
The dev mail list is for development discussion of the actual eclipse
product (as opposed to its use).

In answer to your question, you need to first create a Java Project, and
when configuring it you need to specify that the source folder is /org.
You will want an additional sibling folder /bin for the build output (class
files etc.), which it will offer to create for you.  Voila, you should then
be off to the races.

Cheers,
Kevin

                      "Jerry Jalenak"

                      <Jerry.Jalenak@LAB         To:
"'eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'"
                      ONE.com>                   <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                      Sent by:                   cc:

                      eclipse-dev-admin@         Subject: [eclipse-dev] (no
subject)
                      eclipse.org

                      05/17/2002 10:35

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      eclipse-dev

I am new to Eclipse, and wasn't sure where to post this e-mail to.  If this
is the wrong forum, please let me know the more appropriate location.

I am trying to use Eclipse as a web application development IDE
(Apache/Tomcat).  Using the web application directory structure as
recommended by the Jakarta Tomcat folks, I have created the following
directory structure within Eclipse:

             WebProject
               |- etc
               |- lib
               |- org
               |- web

This was created as a 'Simple Project'.  The problem I have is that, as I
add my Java classes under the 'org' directory, the 'build' process that
should normally occur when I save the class doesn't.  I have added
blatantly
obvious errors to the code; the save/build process never reports them as
errors.  Is this because I set this up as a 'Simple Project'?  Should I
change this all over to a 'Java Project'?  or should I define a build.xml
file and use Ant to do all of my compiles?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager
Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
913.577.1496

Jerry.Jalenak@xxxxxxxxxx

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.