[eclipse-dev] Comments on Eclipse Project DRAFT 2.0 Plan

In the April 18 draft 2.0 plan, one of the points is:

Begin Quote:

[Deleted item] Provide project interchange mechanism. We will provide a way
to export the resources in one of more workspace projects to an archive file
that it can be saved for posterity or imported to another workspace. This
affects the Core and UI components.  [A consequence of the new VCM story is
that we do not need to provide a special mechanism for project interchange.
Therefore we are removing this uncommitted item from the 2.0 plan.]

End Quote

I've read the section on the VCM component in the plan, and I don't see how
that replaces a project interchange mechanism.

I'm interested in the case where a new developer starts work. They get all
the code (either with eclipse or with an external tool), and then they want
to compile. Without some form of project interchange mechanism (and ignoring
ant scripts for the moment), they need to go and manually setup their
dependencies, etc.

Or am I missing something?

Regards
  Nick Lothian