[eclipse-dev] Team CVS changes and J9

In todays integration build, file compression during communication has been
added to Team CVS. The default compression level was set to 6.
Unfortunatey, we have since discovered a problem with the J9 JCL and
compression. The error occured with the org.eclipse.swt project and
resulted in the following error message:

Could not read from source when writing file: D:
\dev\eclipse\runtime-workspace\org.eclipse.swt\Eclipse SWT Custom
Widgets\common\org\eclipse\swt\custom\TextChangeListener.java

If you are using J9 and see an error like the one above when using todays
integration build (I20020409), go to the Team/CVS preferences page and
disable compression by setting the compression level to 0. A bug is being
logged to J9 JCL and the default compression level will be set to 0 for the
milestone build.

Michael Valenta

Back to the top