Re: [ecf-dev] ECF project and Tycho

On 05.11.2014 15:28, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> The case I'm looking for is why shouldn't I be able to provide a way
> to rebuild A and B in the same go to verify a change that has been
> done in C (which they both depend on) and how A and B interact with
> this change. Strictly devel environment.

I don't understand why this needs a source build of A and B. And for a
devel environment the IDE build combined with the jUnit tests is just
fine to verify a change. Not to mention that the current Buckminster
build can be executed from the IDE as well.

> I can't not comment on that as I don't have the info needed about
> bnd. Is there such an agreement between ECF committers? Was it
> discussed somewhere (please point me to it if yes)?

Do not get me wrong. I am not lobbying to switch to bnd (even though it
would have simplified adopting OSGi CTs significantly) at all. The
current build system gets the job of producing bundles done just fine.
Lets focus on more important stuff than auxiliary build systems. :)

> And the main
> question for me - is there interest in collaboration on Tycho based
> build system?

Personally, I'm not interested in converting ECF's build to Tycho.
However, if the majority reaches consensus to convert, I am obviously
available to answer questions regarding the current build system.

M.

Back to the top