Re: [ecf-dev] Remote service question

On 21.10.14 18:00, ecf-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
From: Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>

Alternatively, you could setup two services, one on each end.

The server sets up RequestService#Request(Request request)
The client sets up CallBackService#DeliverResults(Request originalRequest,
Whatever result)

When the server has finished processing the request it calls back the
client with the original request and the result.

On top of that, both calls can be done async.

Yes, this is good idea, particularly if you want something more like streaming, since you don't need to have the same number of calls in each direction.

In Akka you can ask for the sender. Is there anything similar in ECF, so you don't need to discover the (host of the) callback service?

Hallvard

Cheers,

Wim